HELP Employee Assistance
HELP Employee Assistance has over a decade’s experience of delivering and enabling healthcare services.
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) successfully addresses the challenges of living and working in stressful environments by promoting wellbeing through the early intervention of counselling, assistance and support. It also helps in the proactive management of employee absence, thereby reducing costs and increasing workforce performance.
Through a confidential free-phone helpline and face-to-face counselling, employees have access to information and advice on:
- Alcohol and drug misuse
- Bereavement support
- Career problems and organisational changes
- Child and elder care
- Debt and consumer issues
- Financial and legal issues
- Gender issues
- Government Benefits
- Harassment and bullying
- Health in relation to work
- Legal issues
- Relationship, divorce and family conflict
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Support during organisational change
- Trauma support
- Workplace relationships.
Highly skilled practitioners
Practitioners work to high professional standards and are bound by codes of ethics set down by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). HELP Employee Assistance is a member of BACP, the Association for Counselling at Work and is a registered external provider with the Employee Assistance Providers Association (EAPA).
Benefits for your organistion
EAP services will help you realise a host of benefits for both employer and employee including:
- Increase productivity and motivation
- Reduced absence and employee turnover
- Increased loyalty and enhanced staff morale
- Targeted assistance and support during organisational change
- Mitigated exposure to litigation
- A healthy, functioning workplace.
At HELP Employee Assistance, one of the corporate values is customer dedication. With this in mind, our uniquely talented team of psychologists, trainers, counsellors, account managers and legal people are ready to make a difference to your organisation.